Chapter One: The Royal Mission

in Retaking the Deep Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:19 pm
by Doruin | 60 Posts

The sun was rising when Halegas woke up in the White City. Once he got dressed and prepared to leave his room when a soldier come in and said, " Sir, Elessar wants to see you as soon as possible. He says it is important. " Right away! ", Halegas responded. He quickly went to his stable mounted up and rode to the 7th level of Minas Tirith, then dismounted and half ran half walked to the large doors to the Kings throne. The guards there opened it enough for him to slip in, as Halegas walked down the room, his footsteps echoed loudly, “ Great! I was hoping to make my entrance more unnoticeable “, he thought. He kneeled before the king, “ Sire, I am at your service. What is your command? “. Please rise and have a drink”, he responded. And again he began to speak while Halegas was enjoying his drink, “ The reason I have asked for you to come to me today is for a very, very important mission. “ He took a deep breath and continued, “ I have sent out a word for any talented trackers, riders, swordsmen, hunters and heros to meet here in the White City. They will be sent out on a very important mission, the task is to reclaim the dreaded Mines of Moria with the help of some dwarves that will meet you at the gates, it is a very dangerous mission but it must be done. We must cleanse these lands of Sauron’s Evil servants. “Will you lead them? Halegas paused before he replied but quickly said, “Yes I would be honored sire“. You may leave when they all have arrived, King Elessar said.” Halegas backed up and slipped out of the great hall, then mounted back up and went back to his room to prepare for the journey. Once he finished his bedroll he sharpened his sword and quickly fletched about a dozen arrows. Then went out to the stable to rub his horse down.

Scroll up

RE: Chapter One: The Royal Mission

in Retaking the Deep Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:08 am
by Quinn | 1.063 Posts

Karcil was walking through the barren Iron hills. He had an arrow on the string, and was on full alert. He was leaving the Iron hills, because of the dangers that lurked there. True, no one could come to him, but he was tired of the sleepless night he spent, on constant watch for danger. "Come on Belgold." He said in a low voice. A small, brown, shaggy horse trotted to him slowly from behind a small hill. Karcil quickly mounted him, and they rode out of the Iron hills at a full gallop. He found and followed the river Carnen (Redwater), until he came to the fork of two rivers; Carnen and Celduin (River running).
It was now midday, and the sun loomed above them in the sky like an enormous fiery beast. It was a hot day, so Karcil decided to simply wade the river. He found a shallow place, about waist deep, and crossed. The current was strong, but Karcil and Belgold pushed on. Karcil almost lost his sword in the crossing. When they emerged on the opposite bank, Karcil mounted his horse, and off they went.
Two days later, they arrived at the bank of River Anduin (The Great river). Rivendell was in sight, but where was the bridge? Something's wrong. Karcil thought. He looked wildly around, and finally saw what he was looking for. He grabbed the dead tree branch and heaved. He managed to get it across the river, and he stepped onto it carefully. He simply dropped Belgold's reigns, he would stay where he was; no need to tie him.
He walked across, quickly, but carefully. Then he drew his sword and stalked towards Rivendell. When he reached the tall, graceful buildings, he heard the sounds of battle. He turned the corner, and saw hundreds of goblins and Orcs, fighting to get into a large, but thankfully bolted door. The Elves were shooting arrow after arrow through various open windows in the building. They rained down on the dark creatures, but didn't have much effect, for they had their shields raised. Karcil hefted his sword, and ran at the Orcs, allowing a barbaric battle cry escape from his throat, it steadily grew in volume until it was a yell.

~The Darkness has come. We must reveal the Light.~

Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:08 am
by Rag Doll | 45 Posts

Zeoe slunk through the forest, Her white mallorn staff in hand. Sometimes it slowed her down, but more often then not it served her well. Wizards had staffs, and Zeoe found hers useful not only for directing magic, but for bashing heads in. It was strong. She sat down on a stump far away from whatever city she had seen earlier. She took some dried buck meat out of her satchel and ate it with water. When she had finished she picked up her staff and set it in her lap. She pulled her jeweled dagger out of it's leather sheath and flipped it in her hand. Zeoe set to work carving more runes and creatures on her staff. She was working on a fox in a tree right now.

OMG INHERITANCE IS COMING OUT NOVEMBER 8

Last edited Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:42 am | Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:38 am
by Quinn | 1.063 Posts

Karcil had killed or mortally wounded at least fifteen Orcs before they even realized what was happening. The distraction of Karcil had caused them to lower their shields momentarily, leaving them open to the Elven archers. The arrows rained down on the Orcs, and many fell. By the time they had lifted their shields once more, there were only about twenty of them left standing. The Orcs were forced into a tight circle, some protecting from Karcil, the others from the archers. There were not enough shields to cover all of them however, so there were gaps that skilled archers such as the elves could shoot through. Several went down, leaving the remaining Orcs open to the archers. When they lifted their shields to block the arrows, Karcil stabbed them. When they lowered their shields to block Karcil, the arrows thudded into their chests. At last, the final Orc lay dead on the cobblestones.

Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:14 pm
by Rag Doll | 45 Posts

Zeoe's tongue was sticking out of her mouth as she concentrated on the fox's eye. The gasped as the dagger slipped out of her hand, slashing across the wood and cutting open her thumb. Zeoe swore under her breath, relishing being able to say whatever she wanted whenever she wanted. She cast a small spell to mend the small cut. She observed her staff. She enjoyed it when the dagger slipped and cut a wrong line. It made her think of a way to carve something out of her mistake. She felt the gash with her newly mended thumb. She closed her eyes and her fingers caressed the wood. She felt the new design emerging. She smiled as she held up her dagger again. Not only would a fox be peering out of a tree, but a raven would be flying in front.

Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Tue May 03, 2011 8:34 am
by Doruin | 60 Posts

Eleglas was coming near Osgiliath, which was the outskirt city of Gondor. He had ridden long and hard for many days now. When Rohan had gotten the call that the king would need a group of persons to cleanse the lands of Middle~Earth he was more than willing to help. So he had rode very hard and made few camps and stops. But now he was within site, he slowed down a little and let Falgus have a breather. So far so good he thought only a little further and I will be in Minas Tirith its self. As he was speaking to himself he was making his way across the great Pelennor Fields where long ago the huge battle was fought. Approaching the gate, the gate keepers opened them slightly to let him in, he then rode to find the highest ranking soilder to direct him on what he needed to do.

Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Tue May 10, 2011 9:32 pm
by Rag Doll | 45 Posts

Zeoe put away her dagger. She felt the urge to move. Something was pulling her towards Gondor. But she was yet a bit away. She needed a horse. Shouldn't be to hard to find one in Rohan. She packed her food and stood up, pulling her staff through her hands. She loved wood. She moved towards the next town. They had fine stables. She hoped she could find a horse as good as the famed Shadowfax, but that was doubtful. She made good time to the town. She climbed a tree on the outskirts and waited till dark. As soon as she saw and heard less folks moving about she climbed down, leaving her pack and staff nestled in a lower branch of the tree. Her dagger she took with her. She sneaked into the town, staying behind buildings and crates. She approached a farmer's barn and slipped inside. His only horses were large work horses and a mule. They wouldn't do. She slunk into a few more barns, but she got the same results. She was beginning to get disappointed. She stepped into another (very large) barn and took in her breath. This man must breed horses. She walked from stall to stall. The horses were not yet asleep. Some ignored her as she passed her hand through their stalls, some tried to bite her, some wanted her to pet them, but one stood out to her. It was a blue roan with tasseled ears and a lean body. She reached her hand into it's stall and stroked it. The horse did not flinch from her touch. She quietly opened the stall door and lead the horse out. She opened it's mouth to check it's teeth. The horse seemed about four. A perfect age. And it seemed spunky for a mare. There was no name on her stall door, like the other horses. The mare headbutted Zeoe. Zeoe smiled. She had found the perfect horse. Zeoe crept into the tack room and grabbed a lead rope. The mare was already wearing a bridal. Zeoe tied the rope onto the bridle and wrapped it around and tied it again. Makeshift reins. She didn't need a saddle. Zeoe lead the mare out to were she had stashed her stuff. Zeoe put her pack on and looked at her staff. She couldn't leave it behind, but could she ride with it? Zeoe took a length of rope out of her pack and tied it around her pack and back so the staff hang on tightly without bumping her mare's rump. Zeoe urged the mare into a walk. She had to get away from the town before she was discovered. She'd think of a name on the way.

Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Sat May 14, 2011 10:19 am
by Doruin | 60 Posts

The soldier directed Eleglas to a normal small house, nice but small. The soldier pointed his hand inwards inside the home, he entered and his eyes began to adjust to the dim light. There was a soldier sitting down and smoking. Eleglas waited a moment for him to speak, nothing. "I have come to join this journey". The man answered with, "Oh really, you have come to join this task. And makes you think you are a hero?"

"Well I have served under the king of Rohan, I think that makes me worthy enough.", replied Eleglas. The man stayed quiet for a moment more. "Well then tomorrow morning we will have a test for you." But for now you may bunk were this soldier tells you too."

As Eleglas was leaving he rememebered that he didn't have the mans name, "What is your name sir?" My name? " Yes your name sir?" You may call me Halegas."

Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Wed May 18, 2011 8:48 pm
by Quinn | 1.063 Posts

Karcil stayed that night with the elves. The next morning, A messenger arrived, leaving a notice with the elves. When Karcil looked, he read:

NOTICE: Heroes and Warriors needed in the white city of Gondor. To form a party and dispose of the remnants of Sauron's evil servants. Halegas will be leading this party. Report to him if you wish to join.

He made his mind up then and there. I'm going He thought.

Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Sat May 21, 2011 12:33 pm
by Rag Doll | 45 Posts

Zeoe reveled in the ride of her mare. She was beautiful, and her gait was smooth. She decided to name her Ruine. Zeoe had ridden all that night, and hours into the morning. She stopped to have breakfast and discovered that most of her food was gone. Zeoe scowled. Next time she should pay more attention. She had a few coppers, enough to get her some cheese, bread, and mead. Then she'd have to wait for night to raid. Zeoe clambered on Ruine's back once more and ate her handful of stale bread as she steered Ruine towards a road. Once she got to the worn dirt road the saw a small town. Zeoe closed her eyes for a moment as Ruine bore her to the town. Zeoe hated public places, where everyone and anyone could go. As heard noised becoming louder she opened her eyes. Ruine stepped into the town and it was all Zeoe could do not to cover her ears. She slid off Ruine's smooth back and walked over to a food market. She grabbed the nearest bread and cheese, and grabbed a large bottle of mead, slapping down her coins. She shoved the food back in her pack and lead Ruine out of the village, heart pounding. Paper wafted past her feet. She picked it up. It said
NOTICE: Heroes and Warriors needed in the white city of Gondor. To form a party and dispose of the remnants of Sauron's evil servants. Halegas will be leading this party. Report to him if you wish to join.
Her eyes brightened. This is what she needed. She climbed back on Ruine and started towards Gondor, sipping from her bottle of mead as she did so.

Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:53 pm
by Doruin | 60 Posts

After a couple days, he did a series of test on the man that arrived for the adventure and thought that he did very well, and let him pass. Though still after a couple weeks and with only one so called hero Halegas wasn't to optimistic and he was quite rushed. He knew the journey was to take awhile that is if he ever came back. So he decided to create another writing this one said:

NOTICE: Heros being called for must arrive at Minas Trirth in 1-2 weeks or the venture will set out without them.

He wrapped it up and sent it with a messenger then went riding around the great White City.

( I will wait until all of you have arrived and met with me in Minas Trith before the journey starts but please hurry!)

I amar prestar aen.
Han mathon ne nen.
Han mathon ne chae.
A han noston ned 'wilith.

Last edited Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:53 pm | Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:29 pm
by Rag Doll | 45 Posts

Zeoe pushed Ruine hard, they rested only every other night. Any normal horse would have fallen from exhastion. Ruine did not. She kepted running until Zeoe told her to stop. She was a good, strong horse. Zeoe once again thanked the powers that be for her luck in finding Ruine. She knew she would have to ride hard to get to Gondor. People would only wait so long until they started a venture. She stopped only a few times.

Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:32 pm
by Quinn | 1.063 Posts

Karcil rode at a slow, steady pace as he directed his course to Minas Tirith; The white city. On the second day of this journey, a messenger rode by close to his camp. He hailed him, and the messenger gladly joined him for a meal at the campfire.
"So, where 'ya headed?" the messenger asked of Karcil.
"Minas Tirith. I saw a notice for a party being led by someone named Halegas to dispose of the rest of Saurons' vile servants."
"Oh! Then you may be interested in the message I bear then!" The messenger showed Karcil the notice.

NOTICE: Heros being called for must arrive at Minas Trirth in 1-2 weeks or the venture will set out without them.

"Yes indeed! Thank you very much for showing this to me!"
"Anytime. I suppose you'll be settin' out in the mornin' then?"
"Aye. You can sleep here tonight if you wish. Then we can take turns at watch. Save us both a little sleep eh?"
"Thank ya' kindly! I don' wan' ta' impose though..."
"It's all right. Let's get some rest shall we?"

The next morning, they separated, riding away in their respective directions. Karcil drove Belgold as fast as he dared. In three days, they reached Minas Tirith uneventfully. After stating his business to the guards, he was directed to a small yet nice house nestled in a small grove of trees. He knocked on the door, and a deep voice answered; "Come in." He entered, and found two men, sitting and talking, one smoking, both reclining in plush chairs. "What is it?" The smoking man demanded of him.
"I am Karcil sire, I have come seeking Halegas, wishing to journey with him to retake the Mines of Minas Tirith and to destroy the remnants of Saurons' vile army."
"Ah! Welcome! I am Halegas, and this is Elegas." Halegas said, gesturing to the other man. "You make three."
"Strikingly similar names you two have." Karcil said jokingly.
"Yes... We did notice that..." Halegas mumbled, barely audible. He raised his voice once more to an audible tone, then said; "We will be setting out in about a week. I'll put you through a few tests, see what you've got, then we'll set out."
"Sounds good." Replied Karcil.
"Please, won't you have a seat?" Halegas said.

Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:20 pm
by Doruin | 60 Posts

After offering Karcil a seat, Halegas also quietly but still audible said, " This is no joy venture Karcil, this is a deadly, maybe even deathly adventure. If there are any more to come then you should prepare your weapons and gather any rations you shall need for the trip. But for now you may sit and smoke with us......" A moment later he mumbled something but not audible.

I amar prestar aen.
Han mathon ne nen.
Han mathon ne chae.
A han noston ned 'wilith.

Scroll up

in Retaking the Deep Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:15 pm
by Rag Doll | 45 Posts

Zeoe pushed Ruine harder than she would have a normal horse. Finally they reached the boarders of Minas Tirith. It truly was beautiful. She dismounted and lad Ruine to the city guards.
"Hail, friend." She called to one. "Do you know where I might find Halegas?" The guard nodded. "Aye. He lives in a house a bit more that ways." and pointed. Zeoe nodded her thanks and sprang onto Ruine's back and rode to the house. She jumped off and knocked on the door.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: slot online123
Board Statistics
The forum has 33 topics and 187 posts.